Sunday 14 June 2015

Pink and Blue Half Moon Mani

Hi guys!

I am seriously loving blogging at the moment, so I thought I'd share with you a quick and simple manicure that I did recently.

blue-and-pink-half-moon-manicure
Half Moon Manicure
This is my second attempt at a half moon design (my first one you can see here, although be warned: this is in the early days of my nail art journey and it is absolutely pants!) 

For this one I used some nifty half moon nail vinyls from Sparkly Nails to create a clean shape. I highly recommend using stencils/vinyls for things like this as it keeps the manicure uniform across the nails, however I found that these particular vinyls left a sticky residue on my nails once I had peeled them off :( Luckily, my base coat is a white gel polish so I could easily remove the stickiness with acetone-free polish remover, although I think I would have had a problem if I had a regular polish as a base.



Half Moon Nail Vinyls -  from SparklyNails.co,uk

The colours used in this mani are from the Models Own Diamond Luxe collection; 'Asscher Blue' and 'Radiant Pink'. Models Own claim that these polishes 'contain real Diamond Dust to deliver a completely unique, multi-dimensional super-sparkly finish and some serious bling appeal'. There is a unique subtle shimmer to these shades (which you can see on the picture below), but I wouldn't say they are 'blingy'!


blue-and-pink-half-moon-manicure
Asscher Blue / Radiant Pink
Blue and pink nail art always makes me smile - it's so fun, pretty and girly. For a long time my only nail art consisted of Barry M blue and pink crackle polish - ah memories!


blue-and-pink-half-moon-manicure
I added the dots using Rimmel 'White Hot Love' and a dotting tool

blue-and-pink-half-moon-manicure

Hope you like it, thanks for reading!


Helen x

No comments:

Post a Comment